Story Background

In the year 2014 the United States is near the edge economic collapse. People are on the brink of starvation, hospitals are overrun with the sick and injured, and citizens have begun to take the law into their own hands. Without reason the President disbanded the military before going dark along with what was left of the government leaving the U.S. at its weakest.

On December 15th, 2014, North Korea initiates phase one of project "Horsemen" and obliterates the United States with a barrage of nuclear strikes. U.S. allies declare war on North Korea; countries begin to take sides in the bloody battle and World War III begins. Amongst the ashes and rubble of the United States another battle begins as those who survived "War" must now fight for survival. Jobey, an everyman living in New York, wakes up two weeks after the catastrophic event in the basement of a hospital. Alone and with no memory of what happened to him he must now adapt and survive in this new world. What he once called home is now his grave.

More stories of the apocalypse and a note from me.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Prologue: The End of The Beginning

   Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.  This was how the new world started.  A flash of light and all of man's creations was turned to nothingness, emptiness, just an abyss of grey ash that crunches under my boots.  Just that single moment, that microscopic second, started a new era.  Not B.C., or A.D., but a completely new cycle, once again setting back those thousands of years back to simply "year one".  To think all those scientific breakthroughs, the mechanization of our so called mega cities, the supposedly greatest works of literature and art, turned to dust that, with every step I take, I simply with no thought at all, exhale and inhale slowly.

   As I write these words, I now walk through hollow steel skeletons of what was and will never be New York.  What used to be a bustling street of thousands of people, is now an asylum of ash, where only the insane would hope to find anything here in this wasteland.  Am I insane as well?  What was it I hoped to accomplish here.  The apartments I hoped to find my family in were demolished in the initial blast.  The caravan that took me in as a son, that was home to my dear love Sofia, now dead from radiation, which I too will slowly wither and die from its effects as well.  So what am I doing here in this abyss, digging my own grave, hoping to find a white light fall from the skies with a godly hand descending to give me hope and salvation?  Maybe I came to redeem myself so when I die I can pass on my knowledge in this journal to another generation.  Maybe I came in hope that someone will find this journal and will read of the hardships and how it all began, how "year one" began and eventually ended.  Maybe I came here to be....remembered.  Not to be forgotten like the paradise I call my past.

   It's December 31st... I think. Tomorrow is a new year, in a new world. If you find this, remember my story, remember "year one", take this journal knowing you hold one of the last remnants of humanity, and fill it with what will soon be another year.


Whether it be salvation or the end. It's now your story

2 comments: